February 06, 2016

1890s Cape

I've been working on some commissions recently including an 1890s cape in a lovely green wool with a walking skirt in the same fabric to match. I don't have any pics of the skirt but thought I'd do a quick post of the cape.

I used the Truly Victorian cape pattern as a base but lengthened it by about three inches. I interlined it with batting for warmth and made a flat collar in black velvet instead of the standing collar. The front is closed with three frogs I made out of black braided cord.

It should be snuggly warm for our visit to Coopershill this year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment